Parish Hall Booking Information
The Clent Parish Hall is a Trust for the benefit of the local community.
If you are interested in applying, please download the Booking Information Document 2023.
It contains the contact information, as well as the charges and information about the Hall.
*** Please read this updated 2023 document before making contact, as it answers most questions. ***
Hiring includes the Hall, and use of the car park, kitchen, crockery, cutlery (limited quantity), tables (two sizes, approx. 180cm x 90cm and 90cm x 70cm), chairs, piano and performance fees.
Glasses, tea towels and dishcloths are not provided.
Hourly rates :
Weekdays & Sunday £13.25
Weekdays & Sunday £10.50
Booked time must be from
“get in to get out” – i.e. must include the time spent setting up
and clearing up.
Times should be booked to the nearest half hour, and half hours will be charged at 50% of the above rates.
Also for hire, for use at other venues:
Wooden trestle tables £3 each, chairs 50p each (hirer to collect and return)
Storage of equipment under the stage: £5 per month (if available)
Use of a cupboard in the front lobby (for regular hirers) – £30 per year
CONDITIONS OF USE
Please Note: Confirmation of a booking implies acceptance of these conditions.
• The privacy and peace of local residents must be respected
• The Hall, kitchen, tables, crockery and cutlery must be left tidy and clean, with refuse placed in large outside bin.
PLEASE EMPTY ALL BINS BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
• Hirers must not use adhesives, blu-tak or pins on walls or woodwork. Rings in the walls are provided to fix lightweight banners.
• The piano must not be moved from the stage
• The Hall must be vacated by midnight, with no music after 11.45pm
• All windows and doors must be firmly closed and secured, and lights turned off (the lights in the side entrance room and toilets are switched on and off automatically – all other lights in Hall, stage and kitchen must be switched off manually)
• There are restrictions on the sale of alcohol – please notify the Bookings Secretary at the time of booking if you intend to sell alcohol
• Organisers are advised to take out their own Public Liability insurance
• The Trustees accept no responsibility for property left at the Hall
Any damage or other problems must be reported immediately to the Key Holder, when the keys are returned.
Hirers are responsible for the cost of rectifying any damage caused to the Hall, up to a maximum liability of £100 (unless unlawful damage is caused, in which case the cost to the hirer will be assessed by the Trustees).
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Users are advised to lift tables with care, preferably with two people
• Users are responsible for the safe use of electrical equipment, and the cooker
• Stepladders are provided – please follow guidelines displayed in the Hall
• Please clear up any spillages, and record the incident in the spillage log book kept in the kitchen